Learn more about ETSI Plugtests events
The first ETSI PlugtestsTM event took place in 1999. Since then they have proved a valuable tool in the development of global standards. Plugtests events serve two main purposes:
- They provide essential feedback to our technical committees to help us improve our standards and to accelerate the standards-making process
- They enable engineers to get together to test the interoperability of their implementations – which can reduce a product’s time-to-market
The benefits of such events include:
- improving the interoperability of products and services
- supporting the deployment of new technologies
- enabling networking between partners, competitors and other experts
- validating our standards
Plugtests are organized by our Centre for Testing and Interoperability (CTI). The CTI offers a wide range of services for testing and interoperability.
We organize an average of 12 Plugtests events every year, covering diverse technologies. We work closely with our members to offer a programme of events that responds to market demand.
Plugtests events – who, what, where, when?
- Participation is open to all companies, organizations and standards groups – whether or not they are ETSI members. Most attendees tend to be vendors or equipment manufacturers.
- We organize events all over the globe. They may be held on our own premises, or at those of one of our members or partners, or elsewhere. See upcoming interoperability events in the Calendar of events.
- Plugtests provide a neutral testing environment and activities are covered by a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Events usually last between 3 and 5 days (although certain events may last for several weeks), more if pre-testing is required.
- Implementations tested range from prototypes to commercial products – the only limitation is that they implement the relevant standard(s).
You can also have a look at the interoperability events from the past.
Organizing a Plugtests event
We have the expertise and experience to organize events across a broad spectrum of telecommunications, Internet and IT standards. This includes both technical and event management services.
For further information, please contact the Plugtests team.