Standards & Technologies for the Smart World
The ETSI IoT Week, the evolution of our highly successful M2M/IoT Workshop series, has become the must-attend event for anyone involved in IoT and who appreciates the value of standards-enabled technologies and deployments. The event should be firmly placed in your calendar, whether you are involved with ICT standards, technical planning and development, research and innovation or are simply an IoT user.
Interoperability, scalability and interworking remain key factors to the successful development of IoT. In particular, security and semantic interoperability that is provided by standards have the mission of "gluing together" the different technologies that compose the IoT ecosystem.
With an attendance of over 200 participants, the ETSI IoT week is an excellent occasion to network with other IoT stakeholders and actively contribute to the shaping of future IoT solutions and standards.
Highlights of the IoT Workshop will include:
- An overview of the major IoT standardization activities in ETSI SmartM2M, oneM2M, 3GPP and more
- Smart cities (city testimonials, solutions and best practices)
- IoT for Industry and Manufacturing (IoT enabling Industry through production, maintenance, monitoring and distribution, together with the new business models)
- SAREF and semantic interoperability (SAREF is emerging as “the European solution” to support intra and inter sector semantic interoperability)
- IoT Connectivity (2G, 3G, NB-IoT, 5G, LoRa and more… which technology is best suited for what application?)
- Wearables/Body Area Networks (innovation and evolution of the devices and objects we use and wear)
- Smart Energy, Buildings and Environment (the standards and the solutions)
Pre-events on Monday 22 October:
- oneM2M developers' Tutorial: a full-day tutorial aimed at providing insight and practical understanding on the use of oneM2M standards and corresponding opensource offerings.
- Challenging IoT Security & Privacy Workshop: a half-day session dedicated to the IoT Security aspects, linking into the output from the ETSI Security week.
- oneM2M implementations and product showcases will be available throughout the event to demonstrate real life implementations of the oneM2M standard.
The ETSI IoT Week 2018 included the following series of events
- Monday, 22 October
- Tuesday 23 October to Friday 26 October
ETSI IoT Workshop & oneM2M Showcases
- Thursday 25 October - Parallel session
650, Route des Lucioles
06560 Valbonne - Sophia Antipolis
Tel: +33 4 92 94 42 00
The members of the Programme Committee have defined the programme of the ETSI IoT Week.
- Enrico Scarrone, TIM, Workshop Chairman
- Marco Annoni, VEM Solutions (Viasat Group)
- Mahdi Ben Alaya, Sensinov
- Franck Boissiere, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- David Boswarthick, ETSI
- Scott Cadzow, Cadzow Communications Consulting
- Christophe Colinet, Bordeaux Metropole
- Laura Daniele, TNO
- Francisco Da Silva, Huawei
- John R. Farserotu, CSEM
- Lindsay Frost, NEC
- Raúl García Castro, UPM
- Said Gharout, Orange
- Wolfgang Granzow, Qualcomm
- Patrick Guillemin, ETSI
- Roland Hechwartner, DT
- Svetoslav Mihaylov, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Mona Mustapha, GSMA
- Massimo Vanetti, SBS-Digital SME
- Laurent Velez, ETSI
- Emmanuelle Boswarthick, ETSI
- Aurelie Sfez, ETSI
A call for demonstrations to take part in the oneM2M Showcases was sent out and priority was given to demonstrations based on oneM2M standard and potentially SAREF, including products and demo solutions.
Below is the list of the selected showcases presented:
- Multi Access Control Management using Dynamic Authorization System - Orange Labs
- TTworkbench TTsuite - oneM2M complete test solution - Spirent
- How oneM2M Charging Functions enable the oneTRANSPORT Data Marketplace - InterDigital
- Interoperability platform in a smart city environment - ATOS, LAAS-CNRS, M3 Systems, eDevice
- OCEAN adoption to different domains (Smart Cities, AI, Wearable) - KETI
- ETSI SmartBAN specifications and standards based IoT platform (oneM2M-based) for elderly at home monitoring and support - Institut Mines-Telecom
- oneM2M data aggregation service for Aquaculture - Easy Global Market, Intrasoft, WINGS
- SymbIoTe interoperability middleware for interworking between oneM2M and proprietary platforms in Smart Home environments - Sensinov, Nextworks, UNIZG
- Smart POI provides insights and actions through an intuitive, mobile-compatible and Web-based Dashboard - HOP Ubiquitous
- Smart agriculture and Automotive - John Deere, Sensinov
- F-Interop - ETSI
The Workshop's attendees had the opportunity to visit the showcases during the coffee and lunch breaks.