ETSI's Centre for Testing and Interoperability and the OSM community are organising the next OSM#10 Hackfest from 30 November to 04 December 2020. The event will be run remotely, allowing participants to join the hands-on sessions from home.
The OSM#10 Hackfest will run in parallel with the OSM#10 Plenary.
IMPORTANT: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and associated travel / hosting restrictions, the OSM#10 Hackfest will be run remotely (as it was done for the OSM MR#9 Hackfest).
The OSM#10 Hackfest will guide participants through the step by step on-boarding, deployment and end-to-end testing of an hybrid Network Service based on Magma EPC with VNF, CNF and PNF components. Through this challenge, participants will be able to get familiar and experiment by themselves with latest OSM features such as:
- High Availability Deployement
- Identity management
- System Quotas
- System Monitoring
- Orchestrating VNFs, CNFs and PNFs
- Automating Day 1 & 2 operations with OSM
- Enabling high performance VNFs
- Underlay automation with SDN Assist
- Service assurance, monitoring and auto-scaling
- Network slicing
- Placement optimization
In addition, participants will benefit of an open Q&A session with OSM experts and learn about success stories of OSM deployments in the OSM Ecosystem day.
For the latest agenda please click on the link below where you will find further information:
- See the Hackfest's agenda on the event's WIKI: OSM#10 Hackfest WIKI
Who should attend:
- VNF vendors, who want to onboard their VNF in OSM following best practices
- System Integrators, who want to develop their expertise with OSM
- Service providers, who want to get first hand operational experience with OSM
- Academia and Universities, who are using or considering OSM as platform for their research activities in networking
- Experimented developers and users that want to share and test with the community
- Registration is mandatory!
- Participants are expected to have user-level knowledge of Linux, OpenStack and Kubernetes and be familiar with NFV and SDN concepts
- You will need your laptop
- A remote environment will be made available through VPN for participants to run the hands-on sessions
- If you prefer to install OSM in your own laptop and orchestrate your own cloud, please follow the OSM Quick Start Guide
- Before the hackfest it is recommended that you watch the pre-recorded sessions.
Wednesday afternoon will be dedicated to the OSM Ecosystem Day, which allows organizations in the OSM Ecosystem to share how they are using OSM and how it is helping them to achieve their goals. Presentations and demos cover a wide range of aspects from research activities in academia to production deployments and commercial initiatives, many of them focused in 5G use cases.
Should you or you organisation be interested in sharing your OSM success story at the OSM#10 Ecosystem Day on December 2nd, please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
Speaker name and title: