ETSI's Centre for Testing and Interoperability and the OSM community organised the OSM#9 Hackfest on 1-4 June 2020. The event was run remotely, allowing participants to join the hands-on sessions from home.
IMPORTANT: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and associated travel / hosting restrictions, the OSM#9 Hackfest was run remotely (as it was done for the OSM-MR8 Hackfest).
This OSM#9 Hackfest guided participants through the step by step on-boarding, deployment and end-to-end testing of an hybrid Network Service: a Magma EPC with VNF, CNF and PNF components. Participants were able to get familiar and experiment by themselves with latest OSM features such as:
- VNF Package Management
- Automating Day 1 & 2 operations with OSM Primitives
- Orchestrating VNFs, CNFs and PNFs
- Enabling high performance VNFs
- Underlay automation with SDN Assist
- Service assurance, monitoring and auto-scaling
- Network slicing
- Placement optimization
In addition, participants were able to benefit of an open Q&A session with OSM experts and learned about success stories of OSM deployments in the OSM Ecosystem day.
For the latest agenda please click on the link below where you will find further information:
- VNF vendors, who want to onboard their VNF in OSM following best practices
- System Integrators, who want to develop their expertise with OSM
- Service providers, who want to get first hand operational experience with OSM
- Academia and Universities, who are using or considering OSM as platform for their research activities in networking
- Experimented developers and users that want to share and test with the community
- Registration is mandatory!
- Participants are expected to have user-level knowledge of Linux and be familiar with NFV and SDN concepts
- You will need your laptop
- A remote environment will be made available through VPN for participants to run the hands-on sessions
- If you prefer to install OSM in your own laptop and orchestrate your own cloud, please follow the OSM Quick Start Guide
- Before the hackfest it is recommended that you watch the pre-recorded sessions.