ETSI Centre for Testing and Interoperability (CTI) is organizing a remote Plugtests interoperability event on Digital Signature Validation. This event will be run remotely from 30 October to 29 November 2019 using a dedicated web portal. The participation is free of charge.
The aim of the event is to check the interoperability of digital signatures and the validation capacities of the participants in order to help them detect possible issues which may lead to different validation results.
The interoperability testing will allow participants to test their digital signature validation tools and to cross-validate ETSI Electronic Signatures/Seals relying on EU Member States' Trusted Lists (based on TS 119 612 and TS 119 615, the latter under completion) and according to the following standards:
- European Standard EN 319 102-1 (Procedures for Creation and Validation of AdES Digital Signatures; Part 1: Creation and Validation) and TS 119 102-1, meant to update in future EN 319 102-1
- TS 119 102-2 (Procedures for Creation and Validation of AdES Digital Signatures; Part 2: Signature Validation Report)
- TS 119 172-4 (Signature Validation Policy for European Qualified Electronic Signatures/Seals Using Trusted Lists, under completion)
The signature formats addressed in this event
- EN 319 132-1 and ETSI TS 103 171 for XAdES: XML Digital Signature
- EN 319 142-1 and ETSI TS 103 172 for PAdES: PDF Digital Signature
- EN 319 122-1 and ETSI TS 103 173 for CAdES: CMS Digital Signature
- EN 319 162-1 and ETSI TS 103 174 for ASiC: Associated Signature Container
See ETSI TR 119 112 for the most significant differences between AdES/ASiC ENs and previous TSs listed above.
The revised draft TS 119 102-2 v1.2.2 containing corrections/clarifications and the stable drafts of TS 119 172-4 and TS 119 615 are now publicly available on the ETSI server.
- TS 119 102-2: Procedures for Creation and Validation of AdES Digital Signatures; Part 2: Signature Validation Report
- TS 119 172-4: Signature Policies; Part 4: Signature applicability rules (validation policy) for European qualified electronic signatures/seals using trusted lists
- TS 119 615: Trusted Lists; Procedures for using and interpreting European Union Member States national trusted lists
Registration opens on 23rd July 2019. All participants must be registered for the event in order to receive their credentials and be subscribed to the mailing list dedicated to this event. The registration deadline is 15 October 2019.
Each first person in a company to register to this event is de facto the official contact from this company for administrative matters. Each participant is invited to register individually.
The event is free of charge.
All participating companies must sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) that the official contact will receive upon registration. Companies will not be allowed to participate to the event if the NDA and Rules of Engagement (RoE) have not been signed. The deadline to return the signed NDAs and RoEs to ETSI is 20 October 2019.
Credentials to access to the testing web portal will be sent once the portal is open.
This activity is supported by the European Commission.