ETSI Centre for Testing and Interoperability (CTI) is organizing on behalf of TC ESI, ETSI’s Technical Committee for Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures with the support of the European Commission (EC) and European Free Trade Association (EFTA), the LTA Signature Augmentation and Validation Plugtests 2023. This interoperability event will take place remotely from 23 October to 24 November 2023 using a dedicated web portal and will focus on Electronic Signature Validation.
The aim of the event is to check the interoperability of digital signatures augmentation to LTA (Long-Term Archive) level and validation capacities of LTA level signatures of the participants to help them detect possible issues which may lead to different augmentation and/or validation results.
The interoperability testing will allow participants to test their digital signature validation tools and to cross-validate ETSI Electronic Signatures/Seals relying on EU Member States' Trusted Lists (based on TS 119 612 and TS 119 615 ) and according to the following standards:
- EN 319 102-1 (Procedures for Creation and Validation of AdES Digital Signatures; Part 1: Creation and Validation) updated in 2021-11
- TS 119 102-2 (Procedures for Creation and Validation of AdES Digital Signatures; Part 2: Signature Validation Report) updated in 2021-09
- TS 119 172-4 (Signature Validation Policy for European Qualified Electronic Signatures/Seals Using Trusted Lists) updated in 2021-05
- TS 119 312 (Cryptographic Suites) updated in 2022-02.
The signature formats addressed in this event are:
- XAdES: XML Digital Signature (EN 319 132-1/-2 and ETSI TS 103 171)
- PAdES: PDF Digital Signature (EN 319 142-1/-2 and ETSI TS 103 172)
- CAdES: CMS Digital Signature (EN 319 122-1/-2 and ETSI TS 103 173)
- ASiC: Associated Signature Container (EN 319 162-1/-2 and ETSI TS 103 174)
- JAdES: JSON Digital Signature (TS 119 182-1)
- Incorporation of Evidence Record Syntax (ERS) mechanisms in CAdES (TS 119 122-3)
- Incorporation of Evidence Record Syntax (ERS) mechanisms in XAdES (TS 119 132-3)
PLUGTESTS events are organized by ETSI and are co-funded by the European Union and European Free Trade Association.
All participants must register to this Plugtests event even if they participated in previous events part of the ESI Plugtests Programme.
All participants are expected to register individually. Each first person to register within an organization is de facto the official contact from this company for administrative matters.
Registration will close on 13 October 2023.
The event is free of charge.
ROE AND NDA
By registering to the LTA Signature Augmentation and Validation Plugtests 2023 event, new participating organizations will join the ESI Plugtests Programme and will be asked to sign the Rules of Engagement (RoE) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) which they willl receive upon registration.
These RoE and NDA cover the series of Plugtests events which are held as part of the ESI Plugtests Programme.
The organizations which previously signed the RoE and NDA of the ESI Plugtests Programme when registering to one of the past ESI Plugtests events will not need to sign the RoE and NDA again. Only new organizations joining the Programme will receive the RoE and NDA for signature.
Companies who have not signed the Rules of Engagement (RoE) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) are not allowed to participate to the event.
Credentials to access to the testing web portal will be sent once the portal is open.
The deadline to sign the RoE and NDAs for the LTA Signature Augmentation and Validation Plugtests 2023 event is 20 October 2023.
This activity is supported by the European Commission (EC) and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
Follow @ETSI_Standards Participate with #LTASignaturePlugtests
Date of kick-off web conference call and more info is coming soon!
The goal of this meeting is to present how to conduct the interoperability testing and to answer to any of the questions participants may have.
The testing will be performed on a dedicated portal https://signature-plugtests.etsi.org/. Participants will receive the credentials to this portal before the kick-off meeting.
For an efficient exchange of information, we have also created a slack channel. The participants will receive an invitation to join the slack channel before the event.
The invitation to the kick-off conference call and access to the portal and the slack channel will be given to participants who have signed the RoE and NDA.