Advert for a Technical Expert – Open Source Project and Community Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Expert to join the Software and Standards group (SNS) within the Standardization Services Division. The SNS team focuses on building, driving, and promoting Software Development Groups (SDG), which are highly strategic collaborative software development initiatives following open-source best practices, in support of standardization activities.
ETSI is the home of telecommunication standards, currently working on standards for 6G. With a rich heritage spanning over 35 years, our not-for-profit organization offers to our 900 organizations members worldwide, ranging from the world’s largest technology companies to start-ups and R&D centres, the best place to work on global standards.
As a member of the ETSI team, you will find yourself at the epicentre of innovation. Together with our expert community from all around the world, we unlock the true potential of emerging technologies, such as 6G, the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Virtualization, to shape tomorrow's digital landscape.
This position includes the following key responsibilities:
- Coordinating and supporting technical activities, meetings, and events for Software Development Groups.
- Setting up and managing infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Fostering alignment with and feedback to standardization efforts.
- Coaching and assisting members through ETSI processes, tools, and best practices.
- Identifying efficiency and automation opportunities and driving initiatives to improve them.
- Leading outreach efforts to software and research communities, as well as ETSI members.
- Dissemination and promotion of SDG work, to foster global community growth.
The position will require European and international travel.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in engineering or computer science.
- Strong appreciation of open-source and standardization processes.
- Project management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
Candidates should have a 2-5 years’ experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Managing or contributing to Open Source projects.
- Organizing or participating in Hackfests or Hackathons.
- Gitlab administration, branch and release planning, CI/CD strategy.
- Software development, processes and best practices, API definition and implementation.
- Telecom standardization or software development e.g., 5G, 6G, NFV, SDN, IoT, Cloud or Edge Computing.
The following additional skills would be a plus:
- User-level knowledge of Linux, OpenStack, and/or Kubernetes.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential.
- A second European language would be a plus.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and consensus building skills.
The post will be based in our headquarters located in Sophia-Antipolis, a lung of greenery between Cannes and Nice, well-known as the French Silicon Valley.
If you want to contribute to sustainable innovation and create tomorrow’s world in a famous organization that invests in its employees' well-being and satisfaction, join ETSI!
All applications (cover letter and C.V.) must be submitted through our online application form by Wednesday 31 January 2024.