Advert for a Technical Officer
Based in ETSI Headquarters in Sophia Antipolis, French Riviera
The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), based in Sophia-Antipolis (06), is looking for a Technical Officer within our Operations Division (OPS)
The Technical Officer will work within the SDC Department, part of the Operations Division of the ETSI Secretariat. The SDC Department provides both technical and administrative support to ETSI Technical Bodies (TBs) and Industry Specification Groups (ISGs). This support includes advice on good standards-making methods and processes, guidance on the application of the ETSI Directives, technical and administrative support during meetings, as well advice on the use of the ETSI portal and associated tools. SDC works closely together with DPC (Documents Production Centre) on the final delivery and approval of the standards and in addition SDC provides secretarial support to the OCG and Board.
- Act as prime ETSI Secretariat contact for the ETSI Technical Committees (or other ETSI Technical Bodies (TB)) to which (s)he is assigned.
- Check that ETSI deliverables are fit for purpose, in line with ETSI requirements for technical and editorial quality and meet the necessary regulatory requirements.
- Verify the operation of the TBs under the ETSI Directives, advise them on procedural and drafting matters and promote best practice.
- Provide reports of TB activities and ensure that their Decisions and Actions are recorded and followed up.
- Liaise with external organisations as necessary
- University degree or equivalent in Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering, with a strong knowledge of radio technology or ICT related topics such as Artificial Intelligence, cybersecurity, etc.
- An appreciation of legal, standardisation or regulatory issues would be beneficial, but full training will be given to a successful candidate with the necessary technical skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, enquiring and positive attitude, with willingness to learn and become autonomous rapidly
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Ability to travel internationally
All applications (cover letter and C.V.) have to be submitted through our online application form by Friday 3 February 2023