ETSI Headquarters, Sophia Antipolis, France – 15 November 2012
The MSF (MultiService Forum), in conjunction with event partners ETSI (European Telecoms Standards Institute) and GSMA (GSM Association) announced today the successful completion of the first ever RCS (Rich Communications Suite) VoLTE (Voice over Long Term Evolution) Interoperability Event, publishing the results in the official event white paper.
The event was conducted in two host sites, the China Mobile Research Institute in Beijing, China and the Sintesio facility in Kranj, Slovenia. Telekom Slovenia was a joint host at the Sintesio site. The Event was sponsored by Verizon, the European Commission and Radisys.
The event focused on validating the GSMA VoLTE recommendations for UE to Core Network interoperability in a multi-vendor deployment. Test scenarios included RCS VoLTE in a single/home network and RCS VoLTE for Roaming & Interconnect. Test plans for the event were sourced from the 3 partner organizations. Participants included Acme Packet, Aicent, Cisco, D2 Technologies, Genband, Iskratel, JDSU, Metaswitch, Neustar, Radisys Tekelec and Ulticom. Observers included ETRI and NCS.
Highlights of the event included:
- Multi-vendor interoperability of UEs/clients, network infrastructure and services
- The two host sites were interconnected via an IPX
- VoLTE and multimedia (voice/video) calls were demonstrated together with multi-media telephony services as well as configuration of these services
- Voice and video calls were established with the appropriate quality of service utilizing the policy framework
- DIAMETER Routing Agents (DRAs) simplified the DIAMETER message routing within a single network and between networks (via the IPX) when subscribers were roaming
- RCS services were demonstrated
Additional information about the event and the white paper can be found at http://www.etsi.org/WebSite/document/Technologies/RCS_VoLTE_WhitePaper_11_14_2012.pdf
– END –
Notes for Editors
ETSI produces globally-applicable standards for Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), including fixed, mobile, radio, converged, aeronautical, broadcast and internet technologies and is officially recognized by the European Union as a European Standards Organization. ETSI is an independent, not-for-profit association whose more than 750 member companies and organizations, drawn from 62 countries across 5 continents worldwide, determine its work programme and participate directly in its work.
For more information please visit: www.etsi.org.
The ETSI logo is a Trade Mark of ETSI registered for the benefit of its Members.
For ETSI press enquiries:
Events & Communications, ETSI
Tel: +33 4 9294 4388