ETSI Brand and trademarks
ETSI has been at the forefront of ICT standardization since 1988.
Recognized, respected and trusted worldwide, the ETSI brand is synonymous with technical proficiency, innovation and collaboration. At the heart of the brand are the organizations that comprise the ETSI membership, and the staff of the ETSI Secretariat that support them.
Use of ETSI Brand
Terms and conditions for use of the ETSI logo
- The Regulations Governing Use of the EU Collective trademark No. 018122889 shall be respected when using the ETSI logo
- The ETSI logo shall not be used for certification purposes
- The ETSI logo shall only be used in the form supplied by ETSI and shall not be used in a modified form
- When used on a website, any hyperlink associated with the ETSI logo shall only point to the ETSI website (www.etsi.org)
- The logo shall be used in accordance with the ETSI Brand Guidelines
For additional information or to request graphics, including logos in high resolution, please contact: [email protected]
ETSI Member Branding
To enable our members to show their engagement and pride in ETSI, we have created a dedicated ‘ETSI Member’ logo.
This ‘ETSI Member’ logo is derived from the official ETSI logo and allows ETSI Members to easily and clearly declare that their organization is an integral part of ETSI: an ETSI Member.
The ‘ETSI Member’ logo really is a ‘limited edition’ as it can be used exclusively by our members.
Show the world your commitment to and involvement in ICT standards-making by displaying the ETSI Member logo; be it on a physical exhibition stand, your marketing collateral or your website; the options to position your brand closely with the ETSI brand are manifold.
We invite you to choose one of the following alternatives that best matches your needs:
- Request a high-resolution version of the ‘ETSI Member’ logo to integrate it in your stand design
- Request an ‘ETSI Member’ plaque that you can either stick to a wall or display freestanding on your reception desk or any other surface you deem suitable. The ‘ETSI Member’ plaque is a foam board of 25x10cm (w x h) that comes with double-sided tape and a board stand so you can choose how to best display it.
Please pass this information on to your colleagues in charge of Marketing/Communications/Events or directly request the ‘ETSI Member’ logo via [email protected].
For the implementation of the logo please refer to the ETSI Member logo Guidelines.
We have registered the following wordmarks and figurative marks for the benefit of our members:
Semi-figurative trademark (logo):
Use of ETSI trademarks
ETSI members are authorized to use the ETSI trademarks in an appropriate and approved manner on, or in relation to, standard-compliant equipment and/or services, provided they comply with the conditions below.
Non-members of ETSI wishing to use ETSI trademarks are subject to these same conditions but they must also apply to our Communications team for authorization, specifying:
- Your full name, company address and a contact phone number
- The kind of goods and/or services you want to mark
- The intended use of the trademark
- The geographical scale of the intended use
To maintain the integrity of our trademarks and to preserve their exclusivity, they must be used according to the following guidelines:
- No possessives – Since a trademark is not a noun, it must never be used in possessive form. For example, one would not refer to “DECT’s features” but rather to “...the features of the DECT™ technology” or “the DECT™ technology’s features”.
- No plurals – Since a trademark is not a noun, it must never be used in plural form. For example, one would not refer to “DECTs” but rather to “DECT systems”.
- No verbs – Since a trademark is not a verb, it must never be used as a verb. For example, one should not engage in “UMTS-standardizing”.
- No puns – Our trademarks represent our standards, the symbols of ETSI goodwill worldwide. They should be treated with respect as valuable assets. Accordingly, they should not be used as the object of puns.
- trademark attribution – trademark ownership relevant to ETSI is attributed with the use of the trademark symbol TM placed immediately after the trademark. The symbol can be placed either in superscript or subscript.
- trademark legend – In conjunction with the symbol TM, the following legend must be used: “UMTS (for instance) is a trademark of ETSI”.
- Institute name use – The ETSI name is not only a trademark used to identify our standards, it is also the name of our Institute. When using the ETSI name as a reference to the Institute, “ETSI” may be used as a noun (for instance, in a press release) and the symbol TM need not be used.
- ETSI Members shall not use ETSI acronyms as names for their equipment or services.
- Members and others should not use, or make application for the registration of, ETSI trademarks (acronyms) either alone or in combination with other trademarks, logos, acronyms or the like, because this would dilute the distinctiveness of the ETSI trademark.
For the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPPTM) ETSI has also a trademark protection on the word trademarks:
and the semi-figurative trademark for the benefit of our members and of the 3GPP Organizational Partners:
3GPP Trademark and logo use
LTE Trademark and logo use
5G logo use
3GPP has agreed that manufacturers and service providers may use these trademarks to declare that their products and/or services are based on 3GPP’s specifications. This arrangement is entirely voluntary and is one of self-declaration by the manufacturer, supplier etc. It does not involve or imply any certification by ETSI or the 3GPP community.
Further information about how to use the 3GPP and LTE trademarks is available on the 3GPP website.
For the oneM2M Partnership Project ETSI has registered the oneM2M logo in Europe, for the benefit of the oneM2M Partners and their members.
Further information about how to use the oneM2M trademarks is available on the oneM2M website.