Policy makers, regulators, industry and stakeholders from Japan and the EU will share their vision towards 6G and discuss the related research and standardization activities.
With a successful path of standardization for 5G and 5G - Advanced now defined by the 3GPP and a large number of users and businesses around the world already benefiting from 5G near-real-time low-latency and high-bandwidth connectivity and from a variety of 5G – enabled vertical applications (in Industry 4.0, Smart Cities, eHealth, etc.), the time is now right to focus on beyond 5G.
Following the successful EU-Japan Webinar on Beyond 5G held on May 19, 2021, this workshop will be co-chaired by the European Commission's Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (EC DG CONNECT) and the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication of the Government of Japan (MIC) in January 2022.
- Opening remarks by the EC DG CONNECT and MIC
- Update on Beyond 5G Research & Innovation programs in the EU and Japan
- The EU Smart Network Services Joint Undertaking
- Beyond 5G Promotion Activities in Japan
- Standardization of Technology building blocks for 5G Advanced and 6G
- Building bridges between research and standardization
- Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (RIS)
- Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC)
- Panel discussion: EU-Japan cooperation for 5G- Advanced and 6G standards
For more information please visite the event website.