ETSI's Centre for Testing and Interoperability and the OSM community organise the OSM#11 Hackfest from 31 May to 04 June 2021. The event will be run remotely, allowing participants to join the hands-on sessions from home.
The OSM#11 Hackfest will be followed by the OSM#11 Plenary the week after.
The OSM#11 Hackfest will be fully dedicated to Network Functions packaging and onboarding to OSM Release NINE, bringing a brand-new challenge to OSM users and developers.
During the Hackfest kick-off, an overview on NF Onboarding in OSM will be provided by OSM community experts. Participants will be organized in teams based on the Network Function selected at the time of registration. Through the Hackfest week and with the mentoring of OSM community experts, they will be challenged to build a package, including NFV standardized descriptors, instantiation, Day-1 and Day-2 operations, for the NF of their choice. The last day, each team will have the opportunity to demonstrate their achievements and the best onboarding demonstration will be awarded!
For the latest agenda please click on the link below where you will find further information:
- The Hackfest's agenda is available on the event's WIKI: OSM#11 Hackfest WIKI
Registration ended 15 May 2021.
Who may attend:
- VNF vendors who want to onboard their VNF in OSM following best practices
- System Integrators who want to develop their expertise with OSM
- Service providers who want to get first hand operational experience with OSM
- Students and Researchers, who are using or considering OSM as platform for their research activities in networking
- OSM users and developers willing to share, learn and test with the community
Registration was mandatory and closed on 15 May 2021
Participants are expected to be familiar with NFV and SDN concepts and have user-level knowledge of Linux, OpenStack and Kubernetes.
You will need your laptop and good internet access:
- A remote environment in the OSM labs will be made available for participants through VPN
- If you prefer to install OSM in your own laptop and orchestrate your own cloud, please follow the OSM Quick Start Guide
Before the Hackfest, you can:
- Get familiar with OSM by watching this video or reviewing previous hackfests' material
- Get familiar with the OSM VNF Onboarding Documentation
Select a network function from the list of examples or bring your own!