Keio University ( 慶應義塾大学 ), the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (日本情報処理開発協会) and ETSI are organizing a workshop in Tokyo for Japan and the Asia Region on Globalization of Trust Services.
This workshop is organized as part of an ETSI study investigating existing PKI-based trust services schemes that operate in different regions of the world, and their possible mutual recognition / global acceptance. In particular, the study aims to identify further steps which could be taken to facilitate cross recognition between EU trust services, based on ETSI standards supporting the eIDAS Regulation (EU) No 910/2014, and trust services from other schemes.
A key element of the study will be an exploratory mapping between:
- ETSI standards related to EU trust services for:
- Policy requirements, defined in ETSI EN 319 401 and EN 319 411;
- Assessment scheme, defined in ETSI EN 319 403; and
- Trust service status lists, defined in ETSI TS 119 612;
- And corresponding information on other PKI-based trust services schemes based on a preliminary questionnaire and results from prior joint workshops to be held on the same topic at a number of locations around the world.
Objectives of the event
This workshop aims at:
- Providing Japan and Asia Pacific representatives with an opportunity to present their views on the international recognition of national / regional PKI-based trust services schemes in a globalized market of trust services-based electronic transactions,
- ETSI experts to present the latest European standards for trust services and how these may foster international recognition in a globalized market of trust services-based electronic transactions,
- Discussions between ETSI experts and stakeholders on how to maximize secure global interoperability supported by trust services in Europe and Japan and Asia Pacific
Japan and Asia Trust Service Providers, National regulatory authorities and/or supervisory bodies in charge of electronic trust services.
The Celestine Tokyo Shiba
10-15minutes walk to Keio University. Stylish and luxury hotel.
Airport bus (Limousine) is available from Narita and Haneda airport to the hotel.
Hotel Villa Fontaine Tamachi
Good access (10 minutes walk) to Keio University, Rooms are small