ETSI and the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are co-organizing a workshop in Dubai for Middle East and Africa on Globalisation of Trust Services.
This workshop is organized as part of an ETSI study investigating existing PKI-based trust services schemes that operate in different regions of the world, and their possible mutual recognition / global acceptance. In particular, the study aims to identify further steps which could be taken to facilitate cross recognition between EU trust services, based on ETSI standards supporting the eIDAS Regulation (EU) No 910/2014, and trust services from other schemes.
A key element of the study will be an exploratory mapping between:
- ETSI standards related to EU trust services for:
- Policy requirements, defined in ETSI EN 319 4xx series (e.g. EN 319 411-2) and EN 319 5xx series;
- Assessment scheme, defined in ETSI EN 319 403;
- And trust service status lists, defined in ETSI TS 119 612; and
- Corresponding information on other PKI-based trust services schemes.
Based on a preliminary questionnaire, this latter information will be collected through desktop research, interviews and other investigations, and put in perspective based on results from prior joint workshops to be held on the same topic at a number of locations around the world.
Objectives of the event
This workshop aims for:
- Providing Middle Eastern and African representatives with an opportunity to present their views on the international recognition of national / regional PKI-based trust services schemes in a globalised market of trust services-based electronic transactions,
- ETSI experts to present the latest European standards for trust services and how these may foster international recognition in a globalised market of trust services-based electronic transactions,
- Discussions between ETSI experts and stakeholders on how to maximise secure global interoperability supported by trust services in Europe and Middle East / Africa.
Middle Eastern and African national regulatory authorities and/or supervisory bodies in charge of electronic trust services.
Al Wuheida Street, Dubai
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
See Google map
The TRA of UAE will provide Visa assistance to delegates directly. We kindly request you to send requests for visa with the following information by the set deadline (18 April 2019):
- Do you need Visa to enter UAE?
- Please check UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs for information https://www.mofa.gov.ae/EN/ConsularServices/Pages/Visa-Information.aspx
- Who can apply?
- Participants who need assistance to visa to enter the UAE. Please check if you need a visa first.
Deadline to request visa assistance: 18 April 2019
Instructions to get this service:
- Please register for the event. There is no fee to register.
- Please send clear colored scanned passport copy to [email protected]. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Important Note 1: Photos taken by phone camera are not acceptable by the authorities.
- Important Note 2: By clear we mean, the photo and the text within the passport should be clearly visible and readable. Kindly ensure the attachment does not exceed 5 MB.
The actual processing of Visa will start on 2 April 2019, however you are encouraged to send the request as early as possible.
Once processed successfully, the team will email back the sender an electronic copy of the visa. This will happen sometime between 9-16 April 2019. Most applications will take 5 working days however, some applications may take longer. If you do not hear back from our team by 16 April 2019, please call TRA’s representative Mr. Muhannad Al Tenaiji on +971508818155 or email [email protected] to follow up.
The participant can then print this page and use it once he/she arrives to the country.
Visas issued via the TRA are valid 30 days from issuance. i.e. the person must enter the country within 30 days of visa issuance and then he will be allowed to stay for up to 30 days from the date of entry.
Other options to get Visa: Some Airlines, Luxury hotels and travel agencies can assist you to get a Visa for a Fee. Check with your provider directly.
Participants from countries that do not require visa to enter UAE, can enter as tourist/short-term visitor.
There are no fees associated with this service.