ETSI, with the support of TCCA and the European Commission, is pleased to announce the 3rd MCX Plugtests™ (MCPTT, MCData, MCVideo), from 3rd December 2018 to 31st January 2019.
This will be a remote-only Plugtests event.
What are the objectives and scope of the Plugtests event?
The concept of "Mission Critical Push To Talk" (MCPTT), “Mission Critical Data (MCData) ” and “Mission Critical Video (MCVideo)” has been specified in 3GPP Release 13 and 14.
Interoperability and Mission Critical service harmonization are critical challenges for the successful deployment and operation of Mission Critical Communication.
The goal of the MCX Plugtests event is to validate the interoperability of a variety of implementations using different scenarios based on 3GPP Mission Critical Services in Release 14. The tests will be based on 3GPP, ETSI and IETF standards, and are designed for:
- MCS Application Server vendors (MCPTT, MCDATA, MCVIDEO)
- MC Client vendors (MCPTT, MCDATA, MCVIDEO)
- eMBMS vendors
- SIP/IMS Core vendors
- Control Room vendors
- MCS test equipment vendors
The purpose and scope of the MCX Plugtests event are to trial independently and jointly all components of the MC communication chain, such as:
MC Services Common Functionalities:
- User authentication and service authorization
- Service configuration
- Affiliation and de-affiliation
- Extended Location Features
- (Dynamic) Group Management
- Identity management
- MC Security framework
- Encryption (media and control signalling)
- First-to-answer call setup (with and without floor control)
- Floor control for audio cut-in enabled group
- Updating the selected MC Service user profile for an MC Service
- Ambient listening call
- MCPTT private call-back request
- Remote change of selected group
- Group Call (including emergency group calls, imminent peril group calls, emergency alerts)
- Transmission Control
- Short Data Service (SDS)
- File Distribution (FD) (on-network)
- Transmission and Reception Control
- Handling of Disposition Notifications
- Communication Release
The test cases will be mainly based on the Test Specification from the first and second MCPTT Plugtests event.
This 3rd Plugtests event will focus on Over-The-Top (OTT) tests via VPN connections from the vendor labs, following the approach used during the pre-test stages of the first and second MCPTT Plugtests. Observers are welcome to help defining the scope (i.e. functionality to be tested) for this event and to evaluate the tests statistics in the TRT (Test Reporting Tool).
What will be the advantages of attending the 3rd MCX Plugtests event?
- To assess the level of interoperability of your implementations
- To validate your understanding of the standards
- To test with (many) other real implementations and demonstrate end-to-end interoperability
- To debug your implementation: early bug fixing, saving time and costs
- To promote the technology and the ecosystem
This activity is supported by the European Commission.
All participants must register to the event. After registration, participants will be invited to the preparation conference calls and be subscribed to the Plugtests mailing list dedicated to the event. Upon signature of the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), the participants will receive their credentials for the MCX Plugtests WIKI.
Registration closed on 26 October 2018.
Each first person in a company to register to this event is de facto the official contact, who can add new participants from this company (with the credentials received upon first registration).
The event is free of charge. As this is a remote event, no need for the participants to travel.
By registering to the 3rd MCX Plugtests event, participating organisations join the MCX Plugtests Programme and need to sign the non-disclosure agreement they will receive upon registration. This NDA will cover the series of remote and face-to-face Plugtests events held as part of the MCX Plugtests Programme.
Upon signature of the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) sent to the official contact, the participants will receive their credentials for the 3rd MCX Plugtests WIKI.
Participants will not be allowed to participate in the event if the NDA has not been signed by a representative of their company.
The deadline to return the signed NDAs to ETSI was 9 November 2018.