The ETSI Seminar is run twice a year, to provide an intensive course on ETSI, its organization, structure, ways of working and related subjects. It is targeted at those who are new to ETSI or those who need to develop a deeper understanding of how to work effectively in ETSI.
Although designed primarily for newcomers to the Institute, the fact that ETSI is constantly evolving means that even those individuals with an extensive experience of the Institute and its work find it beneficial to attend. The Seminar is free of charge to attend and is open to all, members and non-members alike.
The ETSI Seminar is an important step in the orientation programme for new members. It facilitates their active participation in ETSI, 3GPP or oneM2M - a must if your organization has just joined ETSI. It is essential also for new delegates who have recently started to participate in ETSI work. In addition it also is an opportunity to meet key personnel in the ETSI Secretariat.
As well as describing the structure and organization of the Institute and the partnership projects, the seminar provides a detailed look at ETSI's on-line services and other tools for electronic working, which have dramatically improved the efficiency of the standards-making process. The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPPTM) and the oneM2M Partnership Project are also covered.
Half of the seminar is focused on the ETSI overview, organization, structure, governance, funding, decision making and other high-level issues, and half covers the knowledge and skills required to operate effectively as a delegate in an ETSI standards meeting.
Who should attend?
- New members of ETSI
- Candidate (applicant) members
- New delegates in ETSI committees
- Newly appointed chairs, vice-chairman or rapporteurs in ETSI
- New experts on ETSI Special Task Forces
- Those who are involved in managing or tracking standardization activities
- Staff from national standards bodies, or other standards bodies or fora
In fact, anyone involved in ETSI and standards-making in any way will benefit from attending!
- Thursday, 29 November
- Friday, 30 November
Programme over the 2 days
- Introduction to ETSI
- ETSI's links to other SDOs
- Membership and Funding of ETSI
- The ETSI, 3GPP and oneM2M structures
- Governance and Decision Making in ETSI
- Voting procedures
- Standards and Regulations
- Creating and maintaining ETSI standards
- Application of drafting rules
- Legal considerations
- ETSI On-Line services
- Other tools for electronic working
- ETSI's role in testing and interoperability
650 Route des Lucioles
06921 Sophia Antipolis
Tel: +33 4 92 94 42 00
Details of how to get to ETSI, local transport and hotels