How to get to ETSI and where to stay
The ETSI building is open from 07:30 to 20:00, Monday to Friday.
GPS: Lat. 43.6169128 - Lng. 7.0528493
The ETSI Secretariat is located in the Sophia Antipolis science park, between Nice and Cannes on the French Riviera. The nearest airport is Nice international (NCE) and the nearest train station Antibes.
From the airport it is a 25 minute journey by car to ETSI. You can book in advance and benefit from an ETSI discounted rate.
We have negotiated rates with:
Free parking is available outside the ETSI Main building and Einstein building.
A shuttle bus service [n°230 - see timetable] is available from the airport ('Promenade des Anglais' outside Terminal 1) to Sophia Antipolis (not on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays). The bus ticket costs €1.50.
On the bus timetable you only see the bus-stop called "Skema" which is just before "Place Sophie Laffitte". Ask the driver to stop at "Place Sophie Laffitte", which is closer to ETSI than "Skema".
To go from ETSI to the airport you have to take the bus n°230 at the bus-stop called "Place Sophie Laffitte". When leaving the ETSI main building turn left, then go down the road and take the bus stop on the other side of the road (cross the road). "Place Sophie Laffitte" is the nearest bus-stop, where the bus should arrive about 2 minutes after the time mentioned in the timetable for the bus-stop called "Skema".
Other bus timetables and directions
Information on Airport buses.
See Envibus timetables for buses in the Sophia Antipolis area.
The bus n° 1 goes to Antibes (and comes from Antibes) including the Antibes train station.
If you come from Antibes train station, you need to take the bus-stop called "POLE ECHANGES" to take the bus n°1 for Sophia Antipolis. The nearest bus-stop mentioned in the timetable from Antibes to ETSI is "Skema", but you should get off at "Place Sophie Laffitte" as this is closer to ETSI.
To go from ETSI to the train station in Antibes you have to take the bus at the bus-stop called "Place Sophie Laffitte". When leaving the ETSI main building turn left, then go down the road and take the bus stop on the opposite side of the road (cross the road). "Place Sophie Laffitte" is the nearest bus-stop, where the bus should arrive about 2 minutes before the time mentioned in the timetable for the bus-stop called "Skema".
Direction to ETSI main building:
- Leave Nice Airport and join the A8 Motorway taking the direction to Cannes and Aix en Provence
- Leave the A8 at the exit 44 (Juan-Les-Pins and Antibes). A toll is required (€1.50)
- On leaving the motorway, take the left hand fork sign posted to Antibes, Vallauris and Golfe Juan, (do not follow the sign to Sophia Antipolis)
- The road curves to the right and just before the roundabout take the turning to the right (direction to Cannes, St Bernard, Vallauris and Golfe Juan) - stay on this road and go always straight on (pay attention for a speed camera in the 70 km/h section)
- Continue and follow the signs to Grasse and Sophia Antipolis. After a couple of kilometres you will join the Route du Parc and reach traffic lights on your right.
- Just after the traffic lights turn to your right (Biot, Les Lucioles and Les Templiers)
- After a few hundred metres on your right you will see a sign post including the ETSI logo, turn to the right here
- The ETSI main building is a bit higher up on your left (on the right you have the Eurest building)
We have negotiated prices for ETSI delegates and experts (not applicable in July/August) for:
Booking your hotel
- Select the hotel and call the hotel to ensure availability
- Make all reservations in your own name, directly with the hotel. Do not use an intermediary (e.g. travel agency or airline company)
- Fill in the 'Hotel reservation form' and fax it to the hotel (we recommend that you identify yourself as attending 'ETSI/[Name of the event]')
- Check that the room rates correspond to those agreed upon by ETSI for the current year and reported in the list of hotels
- To cancel your reservation, call the hotel 24 hours in advance to confirm the cancellation, and keep your cancellation registration number
Please note that the ETSI Secretariat cannot make reservations for you and cannot be held responsible for any cancellations or 'no show'. ETSI provides this information in good faith but declines all responsibility regarding the use of the hotels.
If you are visiting from outside the EU, you may need a Visa. If you are not sure, check with your local French embassy. ETSI can provide you with a personal invitation in order to assist you with your application.
To get a personal invitation letter to obtain a visa, please fill out and submit the visa form.
Should you need more information, please contact the Meeting Support Team.