ETSI's Centre for Testing and Interoperability and the OSM community are organising the next OSM Mid-Release 10 Hackfest from 08 to 12 March 2021. The event will be run remotely, allowing participants to join the hands-on sessions from home.
IMPORTANT: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and associated travel / hosting restrictions, the OSM MR#10 Hackfest will be run remotely (as it was done for the OSM#10 Hackfest).
The OSM-MR#10 Hackfest, the very first one featuring OSM Release NINE will consist on a series of sessions allowing participants to exchange and learn about:
- How to operate OSM
- Discovering and experimenting with latest features in OSM Release NINE
- Modeling, packaging and on-boarding VNFs, PNFs or CNFs, Network Services, and Slices
- Developing OSM Primitives for automating Day1-2 operations
- Troubleshooting, debugging and modifying code in OSM Modules
- ... and much more!
In addition, participants will hear from key players in the OSM Ecosystem, who will share how OSM is helping them to achieve their goals and latest deployments during the OSM-MR#10 Ecosystem Day.
For the latest agenda please click on the link below where you will find further information:
- See the Hackfest's agenda on the event's WIKI: OSM MR10 Hackfest WIKI
Who should attend:
- VNF vendors, who want to onboard their VNF in OSM following best practices
- System Integrators, who want to develop their expertise with OSM
- Service providers, who want to get first hand operational experience with OSM
- Academia and Universities, who are using or considering OSM as platform for their research activities in networking
- Experimented developers and users that want to share and test with the community
- Registration is mandatory and closes on 4th March 2021
- Participants are expected to have user-level knowledge of Linux, OpenStack and Kubernetes and be familiar with NFV and SDN concepts
- You will need your laptop
- A remote environment will be made available through VPN for participants to run the hands-on sessions
- If you prefer to install OSM in your own laptop and orchestrate your own cloud, please follow the OSM Quick Start Guide
- Before the hackfest you can get familiar & watch the videos of previous Hackfests.
Wednesday afternoon will be dedicated to the OSM Ecosystem Day, which allows organizations in the OSM Ecosystem to share how they are using OSM and how it is helping them to achieve their goals. Presentations and demos cover a wide range of aspects from research activities in academia to production deployments and commercial initiatives, many of them focused in 5G use cases.
Should you or you organisation be interested in sharing your OSM success story at the OSM MR#10 Ecosystem Day on 10 March, please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
Speaker name and title: