Industry Specification Group (ISG) on European Common Information Sharing Environment Service and Data Model (CDM) Activity Report 2020
Chair: Lorenzo Ettore Paolo Iapoce
The primary goal of our Industry Specification Group (ISG) on European Common Information Sharing Environment Service and Data Model (CDM) is to develop a consistent set of technical specifications that allow data exchange among different legacy systems in a cooperative network – the European Common Information Sharing Environment (CISE).
Through the standardization of the EUCISE Data Model and in particular through Common Interface and Core Infrastructure Services, the group’s work facilitates information exchange between user communities, member states, public authorities or EU agencies. It also promotes the European Maritime Security Strategy.
In 2020 ISG CDM neared completion on five initial Work Items. These variously cover use cases, system requirements, architecture, service and data models for CDM.
Upon finalization of our Group Report on the CISE Test Suite, it will be possible to implement a comprehensive Testing Platform aimed at validating the candidate implementations from all parties. Publication of all deliverables is anticipated in 2021.
During the year ISG CDM interacted EC JRC (European Commission - Joint Research Centre) and EMSA (European Maritime Safety Agency).
LOOK OUT FOR IN 2021 – ISG CDM WORK IN PROGRESS:
- Group Report [GR CDM 001 - published January 2021] on CDM use cases
- Group Specification [GS CDM 002 - published March 2021] to define CDM system requirements
- Group Specification (GS) on CDM architecture, including common and core services
- GS on CDM protocols, including service model
- GS on CDM data model to be used in European Common Information Sharing Environment (CISE)
- Group Report (GR) on CISE Test Suite - provides a gap analysis for the development of a complete suite of conformance and interoperability test specifications for operating in the CISE network according to CDM standards