ETSI standards are available free of charge.
- Type standard number or keyword in the search box (top menu next to ETSI logo)
- select "Standards" (it becomes blue - default search is on "Website")
- click on the green search icon
- Search or browse for a standard by pre-defined collections or by cluster
- Other ways to get ETSI standards
Types of ETSI standards
ETSI produces a variety of standards, specifications and reports to suit different purposes, in response to market demand.
- European Standard (EN)
- ETSI Standard (ES)
- ETSI Guide (EG)
- ETSI Technical Specification (TS)
- ETSI Technical Report (TR)
- ETSI Special Report (SR)
- ETSI Group Report (GR)
- ETSI Group Specification (GS)
These different types of standards are produced in different ways, in line with their respective purposes, and the time taken to draft and approve them varies.
All our standards are produced by consensus, and the standards work programme is determined by our own members, according to their needs. ETSI’s standards-making processes have been refined over the years and are well respected as being fair, transparent and efficient.
All specifications developed by the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP™) are also published by ETSI as Technical Specifications.
ETSI – a key player on the international standards scene
ETSI publishes between 2,000 and 2,500 standards every year. Since our establishment in 1988, we have produced over 30,000. These include the standards that enable key global technologies such as GSM™, 3G, 4G, DECT™, smart cards and many more standards success stories.