The event will evaluate XAdES interoperability by focusing on all the different XAdES forms standardized in ETSI TS 101 903, including XAdES-BES, XAdES-EPES, XAdES-T, XAdES-C, XAdES-X Type 1, XAdES-X Type 2, XAdES-XL and XAdES-A.
This second XAdES remote interoperability plugtest will be mainly focused at:
- Checking worthiness of resolutions on interoperability open issues that were raised during the first XAdES remote interoperability plugtest event held in March 2008 , so that they may be assessed before being implemented in the new coming version of ETSI TS 101 903.
- Reviewing the set of comprehensive generation and cross-verification interoperability test-cases, which participants implement by generating signatures and verifying signatures generated by the rest of participants.
- Largely extending the set of reference-verification-related test cases, which participants implement just by verifying a set of reference signatures generated by ETSI. At the first remote XAdES plugtest event, few test cases of this type were defined. Most of them were negative-test cases (signatures whose verification must fail, relevant for avoiding false positives). At this new event, a larger set, extensively covering XAdES verification issues, will be specified and provided.
At this remote plugtest participants will be provided an on-line PKI, providing:
- Generation of certificates and attribute certificates.
- Publication of certificates and CRLs in LDAP and Web server.
- Periodic re-issuance of CRLs
- OCSP server for checking certificates status.
- Time-stamp Authority for getting time-stamps.
ETSI will collect requirements from participants long before the actual start of the event, so that ETSI may tailor the for fitting all the participants profiles and needs.
Participants will also be able to generate new test case definitions and signatures, which will be taken into consideration for extending the test cases set according to ETSI’s discretion.
Participants will remotely participate in the plugtest without having to travel to ETSI premises. By registering to this event, you will have access to different remote services. They will make remote interaction possible among participants and between participants and the ETSI plugtest team.
The event will be structured in sessions of different types. The final agenda will be published by ETSI in this portal, and it will be defined around the following guidelines:
- Before the event: Participants requirements recollection.
- Before the event: Generation of cryptographic material for participants using the portal PKI.
- Before the event: Conduct preparatory remote meeting(s).
- During the event: a first welcome conference call will be held where ETSI will present the event and its goals and also participants will introduce themselves and their tools.
- During the event: Regular days will usually have Test Sessions in the morning and the afternoon, where participants will access the ETSI Plugtest portal for:
- Downloading the new set of reference signatures and other participant’ signatures for locally conducting interoperability tests on their computers, verifying such signatures.
- Uploading reports on these cross-verification interoperability tests.
- Uploading their own signatures locally generated in their computers.
- Accessing guiding material and news on XAdES that will be regularly updated.
- During the event: ETSI will organize remote on-line meetings where participants will be able to discuss the main issues raised while running the interoperability tests, potential recommendations for further standardization of XAdES, generation of guiding material, etc. Being this a remote plugtest where participants from any world region may participate, the time table for these meetings will have to be selected depending on the actual participants.
- During the event: ETSI may also allocate time-slots for remote presentations on specific technical issues related to XAdES. ETSI will define a deadline for submission by participants on their proposals and subsequent review.
All participating companies are required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement as a condition of participation.
Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com