Grid and cloud computing
ETSI has a long history of partnership experience in the GRID standards community, notably in interoperability testing and Plugtests™.
In June 2006 ETSI technical committee GRID was created and held its first meeting in September.
TC GRID's task is to address issues associated with the convergence of Information Technology (IT) and telecommunications, paying particular attention initially to the lack of interoperable Grid solutions in situations which involve contributions from both the IT and telecommunications industries.
In 2008, TC GRID undertook a survey of existing stakeholders in the Grid domain, for which the European Commission (EC) provided financial support. A test frame for Grid standards is being developed in collaboration with ETSI's Centre for Testing & Interoperability (CTI). Meanwhile other work items are being progressed.
The cloud activity that has previously taken place in ETSI technical committee CLOUD (closed now) is now included in TC NTECH, e.g. Specialist Task Force 486.
The work is in collaboration with:
- ETSI MTS
- ETSI PLUGTESTS™ Service
- OGF (Open Grid Forum)
- Especially the GGF SCRM-CG group (Standards Development Organizations Collaboration on Networked Resources Management) coordinating the standardization efforts of:
- Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF)
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS)
- Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA)
- Tele Management Forum (TMF)
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF),
- International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- DG INSFSO F2, F3 unit
- NESSI European Technology Platform
- IST FP6 GRID Projects
- GSCG: The IST FP6 Grid projects Collaboration Task Co-ordination of Standardization Efforts is fostered and managed by the GRID Standards Co-ordination Group, a forum which comprises representatives from all IST FP6 GRID projects and external experts in GRID standardization
The following is a list of the latest published ETSI standards on grid and cloud computing.
A full list of related standards in the public domain is accessible via the ETSI standards search. Via this interface you can also subscribe for alerts on updates of ETSI standards.
For work in progress see the ETSI Work Programme on the Portal.
SR 003 382
Cloud Standards Coordination Phase 2; Cloud Computing Standards and Open Source; Optimizing the relationship between standards and Open Source in Cloud Computing
SR 003 391
Cloud Standards Coordination Phase 2; Interoperability and Security in Cloud Computing
SR 003 392
Cloud Standards Coordination Phase 2; Cloud Computing Standards Maturity Assessment; A new snapshot of Cloud Computing Standards
SR 003 381
Cloud Standards Coordination Phase 2; Identification of Cloud user needs
TS 103 142
CLOUD; Test Descriptions for Cloud Interoperability
TR 103 125
CLOUD; SLAs for Cloud services
TR 103 126
CLOUD; Cloud private-sector user recommendations
TR 102 997
CLOUD; Initial analysis of standardization requirements for Cloud services