Thursday 15 June 2017 - Amphi Athena
The World is preparing for the arrival of 5G networks. The 5G networks will bring a massive number of connected devices, interoperability of new and legacy access technologies, a huge increase of bandwidth and set of new business cases that will bring new challenges from the security perspective.
What are the new risks and security threats that we will be facing with the arrival of the 5G networks? With the intervention of actors from outside the telecom sector (e.g. automotive), what are the security requirements from all the members of the Industry involved in 5G?
We will discuss 5G security aspects arising from the envisioned new scenarios and the key differences from 4G security.
The objectives of this event are to:
- Gather different actors involved in the development of 5G, not only telecom, and discuss together how all their views will shape together in order to understand the challenges, threats and the security requirements that the 5G scenarios will be bringing.
- Give an update of what is happening in:
- 5G security research: Lot of research is on-going on 5G security and several projects exist on the topic.
- 5G security standards: Standardization bodies have already started working 5G security and their work progress will be reviewed. Also any gap or additional standardization requirements will be discussed.
- Verticals and business (non-technical) 5G security requirements: 5G is playground where different verticals besides the telecom industry is playing a role and their requirements will be key for the design of 5G security. In addition 5G is where "security" will become the business driver.
- Debate about hot topics such as: IoT security, Advances in lightweight cryptography, Slicing security. Privacy. Secure storage and processing. Security of the interconnection network (DIAMETER security). Relevance of Quantum Safe Cryptography for 5G, Authorization concepts....
The NFV Programme Committee is pleased to present the following programme!
|09:00 - 09:10||Welcome and Objectives of the Day
Anand R. Prasad, 3GPP SA3 Chairman, NEC Corporation
Alf Zugenmaier, NTT Docomo
|09:10 - 10:15||Session 1: Setting the Scene
Session chair: Anand R. Prasad, 3GPP SA3 Chairman, NEC Corporation
|10:30 - 11:00||Coffee and Networking Break|
|11:00 - 12:45||Session 2:Security Requirements from the Industry and Threats
Session chair: Bengt Sahlin, Ericsson
|What are the new risks and security threats that we will be facing with the arrival of the 5G networks? What is required by the members of the Industry to protect their services?|
|12:45 - 14:00||Lunch and Networking Break|
|14:00 - 15:45||14:00 Session 3: Securing 5G
Session chair: Alf Zugenmaier, NTT Docomo
|What's happening in Research? This session will give an overview and present some examples of research activities on 5G security.|
|15:45 - 16:15||Coffee Break|
16:15 - 16:45
KEYNOTE: Securing 5G Mobile Networks Built on Distributed Telco Clouds
16:45 - 17:45
PANEL DISCUSSION: Challenges in 5G Security
- What are the Technical Challenges? (privacy, identity management, network slicing,etc..)
|17:45 - 18:00||
The 5G Security Programme Committee is composed of the following members:
- Mirko Cano Soveri, ETSI
- Guenther Horn, Nokia
- Mireille Pauliac, Gemalto
- Anand Prasad, NEC Corporation
- Bengt Sahlin, Ericsson
- Alf Zugenmaier, NTT Docomo
The Programme Committee is in charge of selecting the presentations that fit the event objectives and build the 5G Security programme.
NORSI-TRANS is a leading supplier of information security products and services in Russia. The company manages complex projects with unique requirements and deploy solutions using diverse technologies and ideas.
A regular exhibitor at ISS World Europe, ISS World Middle East, ISS World Asia, Milipol Asia Pacific, and a constant participant of major international events and security conferences organized in Russia, the company is always aware of the latest security trends to develop innovative products, maintain a strong market position and provide high-quality services.