Vision, Mission and Long Term Strategy
ETSI is a leading standardization organization for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) standards fulfilling European and global market needs.
To provide the platforms where interested parties come together and collaborate on the production of standards for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems and services that are used globally.
Our Long Term Strategy
Our Long Term Strategy is developed by our members. It defines our Vision, our Mission and nine basic principles which constitute our core:
- ETSI's fundamental values with regard to the work it undertakes are timeliness, quality and responsiveness to market needs
- ETSI is inclusive with a global membership representing a wide range of stakeholders, a global network of partnerships and a consensus approach in its working methods
- ETSI is fully compliant with WTO/TBT provisions and EU Regulation (EU) 1025/2012
- ETSI works across all sectors of industry and society that make, use or rely on ICT technology
- ETSI works at the forefront of developing and emerging technologies
- ETSI produces technical standards aimed at being adopted by the most competitive markets
- ETSI promotes the adoption of its technical standards worldwide for the benefit of its members' competitiveness
- ETSI, in its role as an ESO, provides technical standards supporting EU regulatory requirements and policy
- ETSI produces technical standards that use spectrum effectively, minimise interference and avoid undesirable effects, in accord with appropriate regulatory frameworks
Our five Strategic Objectives are:
- Being at the Heart of Digital
- Being an Enabler of Standards
- Being Global
- Being Versatile
- Being Inclusive
Each of these objectives is further detailed in our Long Term Strategy.