The first ETSI PlugtestsTM event took place in 1999. Since then they have proved a valuable tool in the development of global standards. Plugtests events serve two main purposes:
- They provide essential feedback to our technical committees to help us improve our standards and to accelerate the standards-making process
- They enable engineers to get together to test the interoperability of their implementations – which can reduce a product’s time-to-market
The benefits of such events include:
- improving the interoperability of products and services
- supporting the deployment of new technologies
- enabling networking between partners, competitors and other experts
- validating our standards
We organize an average of 12 Plugtests events every year, covering diverse technologies. We work closely with our members to offer a programme of events that responds to market demand.
Plugtests events – who, what, where, when?
- Participation is open to all companies, organizations and standards groups – whether or not they are ETSI members. Most attendees tend to be vendors or equipment manufacturers.
- We organize events all over the globe. They may be held on our own premises, or at those of one of our members or partners, or elsewhere.
- Plugtests provide a neutral testing environment and activities are covered by a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Events usually last between 3 and 5 days (although certain events may last for several weeks), more if pre-testing is required.
- Implementations tested range from prototypes to commercial products – the only limitation is that they implement the relevant standard(s).
Organizing a Plugtests event
We have the expertise and experience to organize events across a broad spectrum of telecommunications, Internet and IT standards. This includes both technical and event management services.
For further information, please contact the Plugtests team.