The General Assembly
The General Assembly (GA) is the highest decision-making body in ETSI. It is responsible for:
- Determining our overall policy and strategy
- Agreeing budgets
- Dealing with membership issues
- Appointing the members of the ETSI Board
- Appointing the Director-General
- Appointing the Finance Committee members
- Endorsing external agreements
- Approving changes to our Statutes and Rules of Procedure
The GA delegates routine business and specific activities – including day-to-day management of our technical work – to the ETSI Board.
The ETSI Directives provide full details about the role and responsibilities of the GA.
Membership and meetings
All members of ETSI are members of the GA and may attend meetings. Representatives of the European Commission (EC) and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) attend as Counsellors and offer valuable advice but have no right to vote.
GA meetings accessible via our meetings calendar normally take place twice a year in March/April and November.