The ETSI Directives
The ETSI Directives accessible via the ETSI Portal are our ‘rule book’. They include information ranging from our legal status and purpose though to detailed working procedures and the responsibilities of our various committees.
The ETSI Directives are contained in a single file, made up of eleven documents:
- Statutes – the official description of ETSI, its purpose, legal status and overall structure
- Rules of Procedure – a top-level description of the administration and operation of ETSI
- Guide on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR Guide) – assistance in applying the ETSI IPR Policy
- Guidelines for antitrust compliance (Antitrust Guidelines)
- ETSI Board Working Procedures
- Powers and Functions of the Board
- Financial Regulations
- Terms of Reference of the Operational Co-ordination Group (OCG)
- Guidelines on rights and obligations for former elected officials and former staff members
- ETSI Technical Working Procedures – a detailed and very practical complement to the Rules of Procedure, addressing virtually all aspects of our work
- ETSI Drafting Rules – a detailed and very practical set of rules for drafting our standards and other documents
We also maintain a series of guideline documents that are helpful in the practical application of the Directives.