The ETSI Board
The ETSI Board is the executive arm of the General Assembly (GA). The GA delegates various day-to-day management tasks to the Board including:
- Overseeing our Work Programme
- Approving Terms of Reference (ToRs) for our technical committees
- Endorsing the appointment of technical committee chairmen
- Approving resources and ToRs for Specialist Task Forces
- Advising the GA on budget and finance issues
The ETSI Directives provide full details about the role and responsibilities of the Board.
The Board is composed of:
- 28 elected members
- plus one additional User member and one additional Small- and Medium-sized Enterprise member (if not already included in the 28)
- plus 5 ex-officio non-voting seats reserved for the GA Chairman, the European Commission, the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and the Director-General
Board meetings accessible via our meetings calendar are generally held five times a year – in January, March, June, September and November.